Dog nosebleeds are one of many phenomena that portend dangerous diseases in dogs. So what causes a dog’s nosebleed and how to treat it?
Nosebleeds in dogs are a hereditary disease in dogs, regardless of whether the dog is male or female. This disease only occurs in certain breeds of dogs. When suffering from this disease, the dog presents a continuous and sudden nosebleed, with a lot of discharge from 1 or 2 nostrils. Dogs stop eating tired and pass out quickly. If not treated on time, the mortality rate is very high.
The dog has a nosebleed. internet photos
Causes of nosebleeds in dogs
Although it is a genetic disease, the disease only occurs in certain breeds of dogs. Some causes of nosebleeds:
- Strong impact injuries directly to the skull and nervous system cause a dog’s nosebleed.
- Due to a series of foreign bodies, parasitic insects cause allergies in dogs, causing them to sneeze a lot, breaking the nasal mucosa.
- A fungal infection in the nose causes bleeding.
- Poisoning with rat poison or other rat poisons leads to this condition.
- Diseases such as bone marrow cancer can cause nosebleeds in dogs.
- There is a tumor in the paranasal sinuses.
- The dog has heat stroke or heat stroke.
- There are also some genetic causes, involving the eighth clotting factor, which reduces the function of creating fibrin fibers, the agent that binds red blood cells and prevents blood from clotting as quickly as in other normal dogs.
Causes of nosebleeds in dogs. internet photos
According to research conducted by scientists, there are two breeds of dogs that currently suffer from continuous nosebleeds: the German Shepherd and the Rottweiler, Golden and Doberman dogs.
How to give first aid when a dog has a nosebleed at home
You need to stay calm when a dog has a nosebleed. An attempt should be made to determine the cause of this phenomenon. To avoid agitation, you should let the dog lie down in a quiet place, stroking it and encouraging it to overcome fear. You can also use ice on a lint-free wipe and apply it to your dog’s nose when he bleeds.
Initially, the low temperatures will cause the blood vessels to contract and slow down to bleed.
- Infusion of fluids to balance blood pressure and vitamin C, it is recommended to inject calcium chloride supplements into the blood vessels to help stabilize and strengthen the vessel walls.
- Oriental medicine methods can be applied such as the use of water potions or the leaves that have the ability to stop bleeding. but absolutely Are not Give your dog antibiotics.
After performing the first aid hemostasis methods for dogs, it is necessary to carry out evaluations to determine what causes of your dog’s illness may be baits, parasites. The best way is to take him to the doctor. Veterinary clinics have the experience to receive expert advice. .
How to treat and prevent nosebleeds in dogs. internet photos
How to prevent a dog’s nosebleed
Adequate nutrition for dogs during development combined with a reasonable exercise regimen. Especially providing vitamin C to dogs. But keep in mind that when the dog is sick, the dosage should only depend on the size and weight of the dog. Avoiding long-term use will lead to unwanted side effects, such as kidney stones.
Nosebleeds are a disease that needs the owner’s attention. Although it is just one of the common symptoms, it is sometimes a sign of a dangerous disease in dogs. Therefore, you need to take care and monitor the health of your dog regularly. When you see any strange or unusual symptoms, you should take your dog to the nearest pet medical center for examination and treatment by doctors in time to prevent them from affecting the health and life of the dog due to his self-knowledge. .
Blogyeucomeo.com I wish you success.