How to educate puppies so that when they grow up they listen to you? 5 basic tips in the process of training puppies to stand, sit, lie down, ride and shake hands?
Surely you have come across a case in which your dog barks a lot at night causing inconvenience to the neighbors, or jumps on top of your guests without stopping… At times like these you don’t know where to hide your face? So what is the cause? It’s because you’re pampering them too much and don’t develop a habit of training the dog from the moment you get home.
It is widely thought that dog training should be taught starting at 4 or 5 months of age, and that dogs that are too old often cannot be taught. This is a correct but not exact concept, you can still train adult dogs with basic daily routines to make them obedient.
Know the characteristics of dogs
In the past, dogs were also a wild animal that was tamed by humans to do jobs for themselves. The nature of dogs also lives in groups and has a leader. Also in the family, when a dog arrives in a new home, he tends to learn and adapt to the environment based on his instincts.
In the wild, individuals in the pack often follow a leader, so if you show your dog from the beginning that you are like a leader dog and teach him, train him in daily habits, he will obey, command and follow.
Find the characteristics of each breed of dog. internet photos
There are many breeds of dogs with different physical characteristics and different personalities. For example, there are dog breeds with long, thick coats that often prefer to be petted, groomed, and cleaned by humans. So when you bring a new puppy home, you need to learn about each breed’s body characteristics and personality to find the right way to train the dog. The key to dog training is that you have enough patience and love for your pet.
This is very important because dogs only obey your commands when you have established a close relationship with them. Your love and efforts will sooner or later achieve success.
Notes when training puppies
- Thoroughly research the breed of dog to be bred for basic characteristics and personality to make training easier. Master yourself, master the enemy.
- Family coordination is essential:
The cooperation of family members is very important in the dog training process. It is advisable to define a common rule for all family members to avoid disagreements about care and upbringing. Too many different opinions will cause the dog to fall into a maze of commands.
- Establish a relationship and rules with your dog from day one
The period when the puppy begins to go home is considered key to the success of the training method. At this time, he should actively prevent the dog’s bad needs, such as climbing, destroying furniture…
Reward and punishment in the training process. internet photos
- Rewards and punishments.
To encourage dogs to follow commands, all they are interested in is food. Especially in the development stage, they only know how to eat, eat and eat. But pay attention that the reward dog food should be small, too many snacks will affect the dog’s main meals. You can use everyday dog food or specialized treats that are widely sold in pet stores across the country. When the dog is older, the toy can be used for training.
- Trust and lock on voice commands
Confidence and decisiveness also need the owner to practice. Praise your dog when he performs verbal commands by speaking loud and clear. On the contrary, when you are naughty and contrary to voice commands, you should be strict with a lower tone of voice. Note: Absolutely do not use forceful measures like hitting, threatening with objects like sticks…it will make them feel insecure, not knowing what they are doing wrong. This causes great difficulty in subsequent training.
Dog training period
We also had an article on this topic before. Details can be found in this post:
>> How to teach a dog to go to the bathroom in the right place has never failed
Pay attention: young puppies have not been able to control their ability to urinate, so frequent urination is inevitable. Don’t worry too much, clean up the spot where the dog just urinated and reorient the dog’s urination area so it gets used to it by the time he returns.
- There is a rule that few people know, once shared in a reputable foreign blog, the time that a dog does not go to the bathroom corresponds to the number of months of age. So during the day the pup is awake and will go to the bathroom every 3-4 hours. They do not urinate at night and sleep until morning.
- As in the introductory article above. Dog bathing can be arranged by arranging reasonable meals during the day. A fixed diet in a time frame will help the dog to have self-control and regulate his process of going to the bathroom. Or at the very least, you can track your dog’s potty cycle before and after eating to get him to a pre-directed potty area.
Pay attention when training the dog to clean. internet photos
- The meal arrangement allows you to coordinate taking your dog out to go potty so he can both exercise and pee outside.
- Some dogs when urinating tend to bark a lot and show signs of restlessness, running around, opening doors because they are used to urinating in the family area, so you have to pay attention to this sign and release the leash or leash so they can get to the bathroom. quickly.
When the dog goes to the bathroom in the wrong place, do not use force or negative measures. This only makes it more difficult for the dog to understand and obey commands.
Some simple commands on how to train dogs
- How to train dogs to stop chewing on objects around the house
In the adult stage, the puppies are teething and are curious about everything around them, they tend to gnaw and bite the furniture in the house. Stop the dog with a gnawing toy as soon as possible. When you see a dog chewing, praise him and encourage him to realize that this is his dream item.
- How to train dogs not to bite hands and feet
Similar to the above method, dogs often engulf their owners and want to bite their paws to learn about everything around them, this time give them a toy to chew on so they forget or distract themselves from biting.
- Some basic commands in the dog training process
I. Teaching the dog to sit:
1. Command to sit while standing
Slowly bring the food from the nose to the top of the dog’s head. The food is placed in the middle of the ear area. Dogs will instinctively sit down to look at the prearranged food. Immediately feed them and give them the command “SIT” with boldness and confidence.
You teach your dog 10 to 20 times a day continuously so that he gets used to the command and remembers the lessons.
2. Order to sit while lying down.
Do the same with the method above, but slowly raise the food to match the height of the dog, they will reflexively stand up as well. He yells Sit down and usually lets the dog do it.
Or you slightly pull the chain up and hold the buttocks with the other hand, they will also sit down. He yells for it to sit down and usually immediately hits the dog. Do this many times so that the dog remembers the lesson.
II. How to train a dog to “STAND”
Use the food to make them stand up.
- Hold the food up to the nose and remove it slowly, the dog will be curious and stand up to sniff the food you are holding. Yell “Stand” and reward the dog.
- Or you put your hand on the belly, push up slightly, the other hand gently pull so that they rise up. Shout Stand and reward them. Repeat many times for the dog to remember
3rd How to train a dog for “YEAR”
- When the dog is sitting, you bring the food to the dog’s nose and lower the center of gravity to the ground, they bring their nose closer to sniff the food and lie down. ho ly and often for dogs
- Place your hands on your shoulder blades and gently press your butt to lie down. Shout commands for them to lie down and reward them. Repeat several times so that the dog remembers the lesson.
IV. Call the dog to the trainer.
- Take the food and call the dog by its name. Shout Here and reward them.
- Grab the leash and pull them over there. Yell Here and reward the dog.
V. How to train a dog to “STAND”
Very simple, when the dog learns to sit, instead of rewarding the dog, you wait a few seconds before rewarding. Do this for a long time and then, combined with yelling “YEN”, the dog will get used to the command and remember it.
BECAUSE. How to Train a Dog to “Shake Hands”
- To perform a handshake, combine the sit and mount commands. Then use your left hand to grab the dog’s paw and your right hand to reward the food. Over time, when you combine yelling “Hand”, the dog will remember and raise his hand to you.
Teach your dog to shake hands. internet photos
Repeat it many times and you will get used to it.
Above are some commands for training puppies from the time they come home to adulthood that we have successfully synthesized and applied. You can try it at home.
Keep in mind that the most important part of puppy training is love and patience. Please – Remember.