Dogs are cute animals and close to humans. However, if they always disturb your sleep at night, it is tiring. Here’s a rundown of ways to help your dog get a good night’s and morning sleep without disturbing his sleep.
Summary of ways to help your dog get a good night’s sleep
- Impact on the surrounding environment.
Create a favorable environment that does not affect your dog’s sleep. The secret here is the items that help them sleep well. You can use a thin blanket placed in their nest or let them listen to the pleasant sounds that repeat over and over again.
Warm blankets or favorite toys make your dog sleep well
- Let your baby be physically active during the day
If the dog is not active during the day or does not get enough exercise, at night it will lose sleep and need to run and jump to dissipate excess energy. Therefore, active walking or running during the day will help your dog sleep well each night without disturbing your sleep.
In addition, the dog game also helps to make the relationship between you and the dog closer. However, you should choose an exercise time that is far from bedtime. This depends on your job and schedule. If your dog is active at a high intensity 1-2 hours before bedtime, he will likely stay up all night.
- Create a rule, a routine for dogs
To create a good habit for your dog, you need to be patient and take the time to train. Like the habit of going to the bathroom before bed or when he sees you brushing your teeth, he should know that it’s almost bedtime and he’s ready.
Meal times also affect how well your dog sleeps. Give your dog dinner a few hours before bed so he can digest the food and sleep better. At the same time, you should give your dog easy-to-digest food at night.
The training process according to the rules usually takes a long time, about 3-4 weeks after the dog returns to its new home. Therefore, you must be persistent and closely monitor the behavior of the dog to train it and give it the appropriate measures to train it. Because the first time away from the mother in a new environment it will make the dog feel insecure and scared.
How to help your dog sleep well
- Chewing is also a relaxing way to help them avoid stress and fear. Currently there are many types of toy bones on the market that you can choose to easily buy in supermarkets for dogs and cats.
- Petting and being close to your dog is also a good way to make him feel cared for and safe before each sleep. Since dogs love to be loved and pampered, your gentle touch will make them feel loved and fall asleep more easily.
In addition to the above measures, dogs also lose sleep for many external reasons, such as your house having guests or your neighbors making a lot of noise… These objective factors also affect the dog’s psychology. Therefore, he must pay attention to external causes, thus offering solutions to solve the problem and help your dog sleep better.
Factors that cause dogs not to sleep
- Many dogs have insomnia and nocturnal harassment due to illness. They suffer from diseases of the stomach, digestive system or experience unusual pain, rapid breathing, wheezing… they will make the dog whimper all night without sleeping. Regular monitoring of the health of dogs is essential.